Thursday, December 30, 2004
10. Getting there: Covered more than 90,000 plane-miles commuting to and from work.
9. Standing in the rain: Attended the opening of the Clinton Presidential Center.
8. Best trip: Took my staff artichoke-picking in Castroville.
7. Preserving history: Passed the California Missions Preservation Act.
6. Movie moment: Met Michael Moore taping Fahrenheit 9/11 outside my office building in Washington. Still didn’t get a part in the movie.
5. Still going: Was called back for a second Lame Duck Session once the Republicans realized they should actually respond to the 9/11 Commission before the end of the year.
4. Still in contact: Lost zero cell phones. I tried, but my staff wouldn’t let me.
3. Cream of the crop: Was part of the best state delegation at the Democratic National Convention in Boston!
2. Saving the world: Introduced the OCEANS-21 Bill, a comprehensive response to the US Commission on Ocean Policy’s recommendations.
1. Staying in touch: Responded to more than 34,500
letters and phone calls from the wonderful folks of the