Thursday, September 27, 2012
In 2006’s An Inconvenient Truth, Gore offered a dozen simple things you can do to combat global warming. That was then. This is now.
As the climate crisis spirals out of control, more needs to be done. In his Climate Reality Project talk, Gore presented a new list, summarized below, expanding on the previous 12.
Visit http://www.mcweekly.com/climate to view Gore’s talk.
1. Don’t Give Up
• Changing laws is more important than changing light bulbs.
• Tell your leaders it matters to you.
• Let them know you will support or strongly oppose them based on what they say and DO about solving the climate crisis.
2. Deepen Your Commitment
• Make consumer choices that reduce energy use.
• Consider the environmental impact of the items you buy.
3. Speak Up
• Win the conversation.
• Don’t let denial go unchallenged.
• Use social and traditional media to get the word out.
• Use the #Reality hash tag.
• Write to the editor.
• Call TV and radio stations.
• Join The Climate Reality Project and other organizations committed to solving the climate crisis.