July 7, 2011
Looks like Moss Landing Harbor District will get the lion's share of its $1.75 million claim for damages from the March 11 tsunami.
The claim was filed too late for the district to qualify for 25 percent reimbursement from the California Emergency Management Agency and Monterey County. But the Federal Emergency Management Agency has approved funding of the other 75 percent, Harbormaster Linda McIntyre reports.
That $1.3 million will help the district replace damaged pilings and dredge extra sediment deposited in the harbor by the tsunami.